Thursday, August 11, 2016

Re-finding Your Purpose!


So we all go a little astray at times and I have to say yesterday's post really put things back into perspective for me... so I did it! (image: Success Your Way)


Yup, I quit the paying writing job in lieu of my own sanity and the sanity of those around me.

I really was torn up over every article I was writing... to the point that my stress level had maxed out to "crying when you talk to me" level. Which is not good for being around my kids, going to school in September, or spending time with my husband (I think he thought I lost my mind).

This reflection reminded me that I needed to focus back on the things I love... so here's a list (it's ever expanding but here's some... in no particular order):

1) My Family and Kids
2) My Dogs
3) Art... seriously I have totally stopped drawing again and it's really really bothered me.
4) Sewing
5) Performing Bio-Drag (with the stress I haven't even started looking at my costume creation or listened to any songs)
6) Friends
7) School ... I don't want to be so stressed before I start school that I'm not even focusing on school or enjoying it.

So over the next few weeks I have a few goals I'm going to try and complete:

1) Re-emerge into the Geek Communities I've been lax on (you will find me on Twitter and possibly the IGGPPC site more)
2) Spend time with my kids before school without getting so grumpy cause my stress level is too high and I'm not enjoying just being with them.
3) Read ALL the Geeky stuff that I can... this will benefit you so that I can post more stuff that you will like and that I love to write about.
4) Get new drawings done, scanned and up on Etsy.
5) Build the bags I've been wanting to make and up on Etsy (also so I have a new cool school bag)
6) Fly my Freak Flag... I have a Drag Show on Friday and Fan Expo at the end of the month... I am going to pull out some fabrics tonight and see what I can make with them.

As part of all this I realized I shouldn't force things. If my stress level is reaching critical and it's just because I'm thinking about doing something it meand it's probably not for me. There are different stresses so I'm not talking about hard work stress... I'm talking about the stress even thinking about having to do something that you don't want to or need to.

What do you do to re-focus and remind yourself of your purpose??

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment