Friday, August 26, 2016

Playing Card Art Journal: Week 34


Some weeks the things I find just fall together... sometimes it's drawing, sometimes I chalk, sometimes it's collage and other times it stickers.
I have to say I have been really likig putting this collection of cards togethers. They are all very different and I have to admit there are times that I love the simplest ones the best... but each has a feeling too them that's unique in their own way.

This week I used stickers... the past few weeks the cards have been simpler but I've realized simpler isn't always the worst way to go. When working on such a small surface (cause you need to remember these are regular playing cards, nothing fancy) when I photograph them the ones that are busier make me more upset... they seem messy and a bit jumbled. I also have to admit to myself that it's still art even if I use stickers and other found sources... there is nothing wrong with stickers.


I love this... it's simple yet colourful... it's also fun.

So what do you think?? Does art need to be defined or can anything creative be art??

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment