Friday, July 29, 2016

Playing Card Art Journal: Week 30


We made it to 30!!!!!! Woot woot! This week's playing card I decided to call Samples!

When I went to the open house/ pre-registration for my new school those of us who were on the Fashion Design tour were told to come back to the room afterwards and take some free fabric. If you are fabric artists, designer or sewer in any way you know how much fabric can cost you. Well the school had a bunch donated and most of it wasn't usable within the classes so they were giving them away to students (and soon to be students).

Well, of course after the tour a bunch of us ran back upstairs and spent the next 15+ (heavy on the plus) minutes going through fabric, cutting fabric, and talking about all the things we wanted to make with the stuff we got.

I have a few costumes in mind (althought I haven't started cutting yet) but I felt that I needed the fabric to be a little more on my forebrain!

So this week is called SAMPLE!

What do you think? I used some swatches of the fabric and edging I got. They are all different types but they work so well together. I know I'm hoping to make armour out of the sparkley stuff but I haven't quite decided on the rest.

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment