Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Armour


So I decided a while ago that I wanted to make armour for myself. Originally I was thinking based on a character from WOW or LOL but I haven't really decided. Either way I want full armour (non of this vulnerable boob stuff). Today I thought we'd look at some of cool ideas out there... that is until I can figure out how I want to do it. (image: Yaya Han)


Okay, we've all seen them... the Jessica Nigri's and Yaya Han's in their armour.
Dave Yang Photography
Come on... this is seriously cool (especially with the Contacts in and everything).

Now Jessica I know makes most of her stuff from Worbla and Wonderflex. So this is totally something I really really want to try... but seriously my budget at the moment is not having any of it so I'm going to have to wait patiently until the budget gets better before making my own. That, however, doesn't mean I can't drool over other people's stuff.

Pinterest/ Jean Paul Gautier
I love this faux armour. There's something wonderful about dresses that mimic armour yet are still elegant and fashionable. This is totally something to be worn somewhere fancy!

Pinterest
What I would love to do is make something like this. Head to toe armour where people wouldn't know if I'm a girl or a guy. It's something kind of wonderful to walk a con under a suit! Mind you the movement would be very limited and the heat would be insane (fans... must install little fans inside the armour) but with the right friend with you it would be totally worth it!

Pinterest
If you are looking for something a little more fashionable but still armout I am in love with this! It's so strong and powerful looking, but of course it is fairly useless if you were actually fighting anyone. That being said it's beautiful!

Pinterest: Sarah Ryan
I love love love all the armour that has this type of neckline. It's just so cool while still be a little out there. What I love about it too is that it would actually be a better defense that a lot of the other styles of armour!

From the above pictures you can see that there are a lot of different matterials you can use to make armoure. Woven and fabrics, to Wonderflex and stiff plastics or foam... there is no wrong way to make it. Use what you have! This is something I keep having to remind myself! It's okay to use what you have and get a different look than what's in your head... we can't all have the spending money (or the time) to do the fancy stuff.

So what's your favourite... if you could wear armour would it be full or partial?

Don't forget to follow me on Pinterest... I posted some of these in Fashionably Artistic and others in Costuming!

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment