Monday, April 18, 2016

Geeky Gardening


This weekend was beautiful and I'm sure I'm not the only one that spent a good chunk of it out in the sun. Of course that meant doing a ton of yardwork (I seriously could start a walnut factory with the amount of opened ones the squirrels left in my garden) and what better thing to do than figure out ways to geekify the garden. (image: Burrito Princess on Etsy)


Who says your outdoor space can't be a geeky as your indoor space. I am not a shy geek and I happy display my geekdom to the world... soo why not in my backyard. So where did I go to find some Geeky Gardening inspiration... well Pinterest of course!

Pinterest
Oky so this one isn't geekified yet but I found it looks so much like the Mario Piranah Plants that I just might have to do this.

If you need a reference here's one... so you use the wiggles (and really you can cut the tire in any pattern that you want) for the teeth then paint the lips onto it and the rest red.

Pinterest
From the same inspiration of old tires you can also make amazing giant tea pots! This would looke especially awesome in an Alice in Wonderland themed garden!!!

Pinterest

Sticking with the Alice in Wonderland theme... to use old tea pots and cups as planters for smaller herbs would totally be awesome. I love this idea of putting them all into a mosaic mural!! Mind you I will be the first to admit that I doubt I'll find the time to make a mural let alone one big enough to house old vases and tea pots.

Uncommon Goods
This one I found on Uncommon Goods but they are totally awesome domino stepping stones. I honestly don't think you would need to pay for them... you could totally make your own. Buy some rectangle stepping stones and with a dremmel tool make the line mark in the middle... then paint with some concrete paint the circles. They are adorable though and would make a great walk way.

Pinterest
I love this path... it totally reminds me of something from Nighmare Before Christmas... or at least something Burton-esque! Only issue is that it goes back to the whole... time to do this! So pretty though!

Of course there are simpler decor like planters and statues to add to your garden... but what's the fun in keeping it simple. So to outshine all your dreams of a backyard I found this!

Pinterest
Seriously it's a GROOT SWING!! I Soooooooooooooooooo want/need/have to have this!!!

If you want to check out more of my Pinterest finds for indoors and outdoors follow my board of House Things!

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment