Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Wigs Wigs and Wigs!!!

With my foray's into Cosplay and now Drag I have realized I am greatly lacking in the wig department. My issue, however, is that I'm on a tight budget so nice wigs are a little out of my price range. (image: Lady Mallemour)

With searching online (and mainly pintrest) I have discovered a few wig variations that I am just dying to try. So I actually bought yarn today and am hoping to attempt my first yarn wig. What I figured is that if I'm going to have a cheeper wig (or one that is obviously not real) then why not embrace the falacy and just make something that is no where close to being a real wig.

Within my search I found an AWESOME tutorial and it doesn't look that difficult to make. This tutorial was by Dana Made It and you can find it here if you want to attempt some for yourself (or your kids). Just take a look at the three styles she made:

I think they are rather cute. For some inspiration here's some Yarn Wigs I found online that were just amazing!

Pinterest
Pinterest
Now while I was looking at yarn wigs I found something even more amazing... Foam Wigs! Seriously they are just freeking awesome and I want all of them (if they weren't $200 to buy)... so I've been trying to figure out how they make them. Here's a quick video by Folly Foam on sealing the foam together but I'm still not sure where they get the foam, how much, what kind (it's hard because their site isn't in English).

If you want some inspiration on the amazingness of the foam wigs check theses out!

Folly Foam  
Lady Mallemour
Lady Mallemour
The ones from Lady Mallemour have the link to her Etsy below. She is based out of the Netherlands and by Etsy pricing I guess they are all around $120+ Canadian... so not too bad, but don't forget shipping (and that wouldn't be a small package).

If anyone has any ideas as to what the foam they use is let me know. I'd love to try my hand at making a wig out of foam (I'd totally wear it every day!). For now I will try my yarn wig. I'll let you know if I'm successful or not!

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment