Monday, February 29, 2016

The Show Must Go On!


So last night was my first performance as a Bio Drag and it went so well... so I thought I'd share a bunch of pics and stuff with you. (image: liver sister)
I have been lucky enough to meet a very talented group of people over the past few years, and one of them is Troy Boy Parks from TroyBoy Entertainment. Through them I have managed on non con season to get my fill of costumes and performance with his amazing troupe of Drag Performers and Burlesque dancers. There's something amazing about these individuals and the vast diversity they have for the art form, these are not just simple impersonators! They embody a feeling of openess and performance that I haven't seen in most smaller ensembles.

That being said I was lucky enough to be welcomed for an open stage, and with all my nerves and the stress of going on (I swear I didn't eat all day LOL), we were all welcomed into the fold and the support that we (the new performers) recieved was fantastic. So enough blubbering... here's some pics thanks to a few new friends and my husband took! (I'll even try and include the bit of video at the end... it's from the side stage but not too bad... hopefully it plays )


Here's a pic of my face makeup. I honestly am terrible at taking nice selfies so I tend to like pics of myself where I'm making a face instead. For my first attemp at the makeup I think I did fairly well... only criticism is making the eye's bigger and more contour.... so not too bad all in all. I loved making my lips so big! So did my kids... heck the little one wanted to try and got into my lipstick while I was doing my eye's... I totally should have taken a pic. It's so hard being a mom and not laughing when you are telling them they did something bad. 


These two pics are mid performance and done by my husband. For someone who has only a little photography talent I think he did fairly well. I love that he has been so supportive for the whole thing. I don't know many husbands that would take it so well when their wives tell them they want to be a drag queen! 


Now I have to think of a name for my Drag Performances.... I'm thinking of "Rogue Doll" after my favourite X-Men (from the comics not the movies but who's judging) and my obsession with everything doll like.

So until next time.
Keep on, Geekin on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment