Friday, February 26, 2016

Playing Card Art Journal: Week 8


This week I'm inspired by all the makeup I have recently bought. So being I've been doing a lot of playing around with makeup for this weekend I have decided to use some in the creation of my card.
I originally tried to cover the card itself with makeup. This didn't workd so well. I first hairsprayed the card to seal it up nothing seemed to stick very well or show up over the card symbols. So instead I sewed a piece of the fabric I'm using for my costume onto the card with my sewing machine. I was really impressed how well the sewing machine sews onto a card. This may be something I use more frequently in my card art.
Once the material was sewn on I used black ink pens for the drawing, eyeshadow for above the eyes, lipstick and eye shadow for the lips. I tried blush for the cheeks but it didn't show up. I actually started with the button eye before doing the drawing so I had a reference point. I then used washi tape for the boarders, a heart sticker for the cheek and another sticker for the words (I cut it down so that it only said what I wanted it to say).

What do you think? I have to say it's probably one of my favourites so far... but then again I love them all for very different reasons.

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment