Thursday, February 25, 2016

Oscars??

So I guess it's Oscars season again... honestly I didn't really pay attention. Why? Well, most of the time, unless it's makeup or soundtrack most of the movies I like aren't even considered. (image: ComicBook.com)


I can never decide if I should watch it or not. Sometimes the performances are great but really unless you are a heart breaking dramatic movie there is usually very little chance that you will have any running in any of the Oscars categories. I'm actually surprised by this every year. Every year there is some sci-fi/fantasy movie that isn't a Drama and I love it... and every year they aren't even considered. I honestly don't think this is top shit anymore. In the words of Johnny Depp
"The idea of winning means that you're in competition with someone and I'm not in competition with anybody," he explained.
"I just stick to my guns and do what I want to do. Sometimes people don't like it but that's alright." People
So will I watch this?? Maybe...

Have I watched any of them.... um... the Martian.... probably a few animated ones (but probably not the one that will win, that will be some film festival movie).  So I will watch the few categories I kind of, just slightly, care about.... Best Film.... Visual Effects... Costume Design... yup... that's about it. I even just went to the Oscar's site to see what it says and I'm still at those 3 categories only.

Why would I even bother watching??

Maybe they'll do something with the whole Deadpool campaign trying to convince everyone to write it in... even though it's a 2016 movie... lol. If you don't know what I'm talking about see this!

I honestly will probably watch this the way I watch the superbowl... I tend to have two shows (usually variety type or home decor) on the go and then I peek in to the Oscars for periods of time. Just to see the performances and the odd thing I care about. The Oscar's is not meant for the regular person... it's not meant for the movies that the larger populace love... it's meant for a small set of movie goers, and because of that I never really felt it mattered. Heck, I just figured out it was going to be on this weekend because of Deadpool/Ryan Reynold's Campaign, if that tells you anything.

What are you going to do?? Will you watch it?? Are you rooting for a specific movie, person, cast to win?? Is there a movie on there that you watched and loved (I highly recommend The Martian)?

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment