Monday, January 11, 2016

An Ode to Bowie


I'm sure you will see a lot of these today. I'm posting a little late today because I felt it was more fitting to do an ode than have a random post I've been working on. Today sad news spread to so many who are fans of David Bowie, that he lost a battle to cancer at the age of 69. (image: The Guardian)

Now, instead of feeling totally sad and heartbroken. I would much prefer to remember the amazing man that existed instead of only thinking about the loss... so too one of our musical heroes, here is some of my favourite moments.


I have to say one of the biggest things that will be missed is his diversity. I know so many from a large variety of music tastes that love Bowie.


I have included two versions of Under Pressure, both with amazing artists. The above one is with the late Freddie Mercury who originated the song...


This one was Annie Lennox and David Bowie paying tribute to Freddie Mercury. They are both such amazing artists. I remember as a kid having the VHS tape of the Freddie Mercury tribute concert in England and watching it A LOT! There is nothing like it.

 Now I was thinking of including Space Oddity because that is also one of my favourites but there is nothing like Bowie's performance as the Goblin King...


So to our Goblin King... may wherever you end up be filled with Magic and Music.

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment