Wednesday, January 13, 2016

A Musical Snow Day


So the snow has finally come and the weather is terrible to drive in. Yesterday buses were canceled for the kids (but my daughter walks to school so I sent her anyway...Muwahahaha), however the weather has been snowy enough that we decided to keep her home today! So what does that mean?? Musical MAYHEM!!! (image: by me... this is the view from my front window)


We are a family that loves to dance! We have dance parties regularly in my front living room, where we turn up the beats and search YouTube for the best music we can find. We play anything and everything... punk, hip hop, pop, top 40... even the odd musical number... so of course on snow days, when we decide it's time for a movie marathon we choose MUSICALS!

Burlesque

Burlesque is one of the top musical movies that we watch in my household. It's fun, dancy and seriously the talent in the movie is astounding. There's just something amazing about Christina Aguilera! This show makes me want to be a Burlesque dancers... or something like that. It's great to just turn up the tunes and dance around to while you are cleaning, doing art or pretty much anything.


Rock of Ages

Rock of Ages is another musical that you need to sing along with. Turn up the tunes and rock out in your underwear! I love the cast... they are just amazing! And seriously who knew that Tom Cruise could be such and awesome old school rocker (I didn't realize he could sing so well). I love the musical combinations for the movie/musical as well. So Rock ON!

Hairspray

I love Hairspray. Tracy is such a lovely character and seriously her friend (played by Amanda Bynes) is just amazing. I know this is a "serious" enough movie (the theme is pretty serious) but the whole show is just top notch! This is one that is fun and interesting enough to watch with anyone.

Across the Universe

Across the Universe is one of my absolute favourite musical movies there is. I will watch this one over and over and over again. I love the Beatles music done in different ways, but also I love the way that the show is funny and happy and sad and totally tripping all at the same time. The cameo's are seriously impressive and the singing of the cast is beautiful! If you haven't watched it yet I totally recommend it to the top of your list.

So may your Musical Snow Day be as fun as ours! If there are ones that are the top of your list I'd love to hear about them... always happy to add to my Musical repertoire.

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment