Thursday, December 3, 2015

You Tube and My Personal Quest


With Christmas prep in full swing and the anticipation for Star Wars eating my skin away I figured that I should go on a You Tube rant again. I have been watching a lot of You Tube lately and that's not really normal for me. Usually I'm more a read about everything person but the facination with You Tube is really drawing me in. (image: decoded magazine)

I have been on a sort of quest lately to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I know I'm 34, married, have 2 kids and am really enjoying emerging myself in anything I like and that mostly involves geek culture. But as anything, life is like a pendulum or wheel... you have to make sure everything is balanced properly, from home life, to geekery, to experiencing other interests as well. So I did it! Last week I applied for school at Fanshawe in fashion design. Now I have to wait and see what happens. But what else do I love??

So I realized one of the biggest things missing in my daily life at the moment is something active. I used to be in TaeKwonDo when I was in highschool and younger. At that time I trained 4 to 6 days a week, competed, taught and got my black belt. After that I did a short stint at Cheerleading (I know it's funny... me as a cheerleader... lol) and then tried a variety of gyms and such. I even went so far as to prep myself to join the military. So now that my time is a lot more limited, and my budget as well, I've been trying to figure out what it is I want to do.

You Tube has been great with that. I admit I have always loved dancing. I like going out to alternative bars, I listen to pretty much anything with a good beat, and have no quarms with pretty much any music. On top of all that I have a huge facsination with Hip Hop Dancing and anything that has broken movement, like rave, krump, etc.

So I found a You Tube Channel called Dance Tutorials Live that post tutorials by Matt Steffanina. They are great. He breaks his tutorials down to individual segments than puts is together slowly so you can follow along. I have been doing this one lately:


So if you are interested in this, as I am, you should totally check out all his tutorials. Even if you don't really listen to the music (guilty) you can get a good work out and also learn some new moves that you may not have thought about before.

As something completely unrelated you should check out this trailer for Batman VS Superman.... oh the possibilities.

So if you know of other tutorials or dances I should learn totally let me know! I love finding new stuff!

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment