Friday, December 4, 2015

Let's do a Funko Friday!


It's been a few weeks and with the Holiday's coming I thought I should catch up with some of the awesome Funko Pop! Coming Soons. Now most of these (or all of them) won't be available till January or February so they will miss the Christmas Rush... I may have to do my top 5 Funko's I want soon... hmmmm. (Image: Funko)

We all love them... and who doesn't want to take them home? Funko is now releasing a new line of Mystery Mini's and they will be focusing on the Disney Princesses (pictured above). These are an adorable little line of miniature Pop! Figurines that I totally need for my shelves. There's something amazing about the big eye'd creations in miniature. I have to say I LOVE the baby snow men from Frozen Fever and totally need a mini pop of that one.
Source: Funko
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies was a book I read fairly quickly while pregnant with one of my kids years ago. I have to admit it's one of the only versions of Pride and Prejudice that I actually liked and I know it has a lot to do with the feistiness of the main character Elizabeth. Well, the theatrical version is set to release in February (I know, I totally missed this trailer) and as proper Funko they are releasing a line at the same time of all the characters (Including a Zombie of course).


I'm interested to see how the movie plays out and hope that it's as good as the book. But for now I'll be happy perusing the various Funko renditions.

Image: Funko
Also coming out is a totally non-comic book related Funko that I may need to get the whole collection for my shelves. Clueless Pop! Movies. Seriously, as a kid of the 90's there is nothing better than the girls from Clueless. We all wished our schools were actually like their school and that we could wear their clothes. But real life has a way of not panning out the same as a movie. I loved this campy movie for everything it is, and am so excited that they are making Funko... Although at the moment it's only Dionne, Cher and Amber... where I would totally want a Tai and Travis doll too.

Image: Funko
So not only do we have Clueless, we have a way back classic with the original Gene Wilder's Willy Wonka and an Oompa Loompa. This makes my heart happy. Don't get me wrong I thoroughly LOVE Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka, probably more than Gene Wilder, but the original has something the others don't. A totally feel of a horror movie wrapped up into a kids show. As a kid Willy Wonka was so odd that I was freaked out by him and loved him at the same time (I think it's the singing and dancing that wins me over everytime).

Source: Funko
There are so many things I want on the list it's hard to post them all... not only are there Harry Potter key chains coming out, and a whole series of Funko T-Shirts that I totally need. They have expanded their Pop! Home line to include Rocket and Groot ceramic mugs. Who doesn't want to drink their morning Java out of Rocket or Groot's head! Okay, that sounds a little morbid but seriously! I so needs them all!!!

So what are your favourites from the new announcements??

Until next time,
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment