Wednesday, November 18, 2015

What I'm Watching!


So it's been while since I've talked about what I'm watching and I thought today we'd discuss some of the new and old series that I'm currently reviewing. (image: Wikia)

As some (or all) of you know I have a habit of breaking up and making up with television shows. Not only do I find I go through times where they piss me off and I need a break. But sometimes the break allows me the chance to later binge watch enough episodes that I hurry past the offending segments.

Now I'm very very behind on some of the most popular shows (I think I'm at season 5 or 6 of Supernatural and I'm not even talking about Doctor Who) but I've been really good lately at keeping up with some of the newest shows on TV.

Marvel Agents of Shield is one of the few that I binge watched the last season to catch up to this season and I'm actually staying on top of the season. I do feel I miss binge watching shows when I'm watching them while they are on though. Things happen (like the episode with Simmons on the other planet) that I wish I was able to watch the next few episodes at a faster pace so I could see the results. I have realizes that I like being able to shed the real cliffhangers faster than a week at a time.... a week sometimes seems SOOOO LONG!!!

Another series that I'm keeping up with is Once Upon a Time. This one hasn't been nearly as difficult to have as a week by week series. The episodes have enough ups and downs within them that I don't mind having some time to reflect on what's going on before the next episode comes on. I find I get lest frustrated and annoyed with the characters that way. I have to say I'm kind of liking Black Swan but I'm really hoping for the other shoe to drop soon. This show makes me feel like there is a cliff h
anger waiting around the corner and just when you get to it you realize there's still something bigger.

Supergirl and Blindspot are both new shows that I'm trying to keep current on. I have to admit there is some let down with any new show. When they start you can see so much potential but I always find that they go in a way that may or may not be expected, and it bursts the initial bubble a bit. I'm liking Supergirl but I'm a little annoyed with her fascination with James Olsen, and I have the same issue with Jane and Kirk's relationship hints in Blindspot. I think my issue is that although in male lead tv series that becomes some sort of relationship build within the show, it never seems to get hinted at in the beginning and they are capable of having a fine story line without it all together. But in female led series the personal relationship of the characters always seems to be drawn to the forefront faster and become a bigger part of the show. Don't get me wrong, I am really liking both shows but it still irritates me.

The last show (that isn't home shows... cause I love a good show about a house makeover LOL) that I actually started the other day and makes me feel like I'm WAY behind the times is Orange is the New Black. I have to admit I'm pleasantly surprised with the first episode. Being pegged as a comedy and with some of the cast I recognize, I wasn't expecting it to be what it was. So I'll keep watching it for a bit and see how it goes.

I would love to hear any recommendations you may have or opinions on any of the shows already discussed.

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment