Wednesday, November 4, 2015

NaNoWriMo... and Star Trek


Creative Procrastination
I'm going to start off by saying: too all my friends participating in NaNoWriMo much respect. I have slowly discovered a love of writing and am ever so slowly trying to expand on that but I understand my limits (with time and organization lol) and truely respect your abilities. I have so far written 3 short children's stories (that maybe someone will get to read some day lol) and maybe I'll try my hand at writing something more substantial but to write that amount in one month is very impressive.

So as inspiration and I found some fun cartoons for you:
Source: Lisa Voisin (Originally from WillWriteforchocolate)
I think I'm in love with the Will Write for Chocolate strips. If you want to see a WHOLE COLLECTION of them related to NaNoWriMo then you are in luck my friend. Find them all here on her official site inkygirl.com.

In other news, all geeks held their breath the other day with the announcement of a new Star Trek series coming to CBS in January 2017. What worries me with this announcement is not the fact that there is yet another Star Trek series that will either love or hate (I'm about 50/50 for the series after TNG). The thing is the CBS All Access thing:
The new program will be the first original series developed specifically for U.S. audiences for CBS All Access, a cross-platform streaming service that brings viewers thousands of episodes from CBS’s current and past seasons on demand, plus the ability to stream their local CBS Television stations live for $5.99 per month. CBS All Access already offers every episode of all previous Star Trek television series. (NerdApproved)
So, the plan (based on the press release) is for the series to have the first episode on the CBS television network then all subsequent episodes to be EXCLUSIVE to CBS All Access in the United States. This makes it a lot harder for any Star Trek fan who is NOT in the US or who does not have ALL ACCESS to care. I think it's a little ridiculous. It's one thing to create exclusive content (look at marvel/disney and Netflix) but to have is ONLY available in the US when there is such a huge international following, is a little crazy.

Supposedly they are planning on for:
The next chapter of the Star Trek franchise will also be distributed concurrently for television and multiple platforms around the world by CBS Studios International. (NerdApproved)
But have not released how yet. I already have Shomi and Netflix. I understand that a lot of the Television channels are trying to jump on the Direct viewing bandwagon but I feel that soon there will be too many and that won't work either.

So, I'm not holding my breath on this endeavor just yet.  We still have over a year till it's planned release and that's a long time for things to happen.

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment