Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving Canada: The Grateful Geek


Oky, I know I'm two days behind but I took an extended Thanksgiving Holiday with my family. So be it! :) We had a great time and I'm back to write about all the Geeky Things to come... Mainly HALLOWEEN!! Can I get a squee?? Well, one thing about Thanksgiving. It definitely makes you realize how little time you have till Halloween, then Christmas to follow. So in good Thanksgiving spirit lets go through my top 5 geeky things I'm grateful for. (Source: photobucket)

You know, in general there are so many things to be grateful for. Our Family, our friends. My kids and their passions. I could write millions of lists for gratitude because once you start writing you realize just how luck you are ducky (hehe). So, instead of putting all those things (which I know are the top of any gratitude list) I thought I'd stick with a bit more of the geek.

1) IGGLES
 If you are at all involved with the International Geek Girls Pen Pal Club you'll realize how amazing it is to find other people (not just women) who are as passionately excited about the geeky things as you are. There's something amazing about finding a supportive community to discuss all your hopes and geeky fears. From foraying into new fandoms to just writing a blog. They are an amazing group of people and I'm so happy to have found them.

2) Female Geek Blogger Community on G+

Similar in support but for a very different reason I've also been quite happy to be part of the Female Geek Blogger Community on G+. It's been great to have another venue for my posts as well as a sounding board for questions about anything and everything blogging. I've also really loved being able to see and read what others write. It's always neat to see what others do and what you like and don't like about their style and how to incorporate it into your own. You can never learn too much.

3) Cosplay


There is something amazing about being able to dress up in costume any day of the year and have others dress up with you. There's something even more amazing about being able to explore passions and hobbies that others have done and learn new skills and trades. I am exceptionally grateful for the chance to increase my sewing skills and maybe add a thing (hobby or otherwise) under my belt.

4) Geeky Things



I love stuff. I have collected Dolls for ages (usually gothy or different and I'm totally in love with Monster High and Ever After High) and have been very happy to expand my collection to other geeky paraphernalia. There is something amazing about being in your 30's and no one blinking an eye with you buy yourself a toy to put on a shelf. I display most of my stuff out of boxes (because seriously I collect things for me, not for anyone else) and I'm so happy to do it.

5) Always Something New

The main thing with being part of a geeky society and embracing your inner geek is that there is always something new to read, follow or collect. There is no shortage of artists making comics or tv shows or online web series. There are a TON of beautifully crafted collectibles and OOAK dolls or creations to add to your shelves. I am so grateful that the internet and the expansion of geekdom has allowed me to keep exploring all the cool things out there and will allow me to keep find fun new fandoms to squee over.

So Happy Canadian Thanksgiving. I would love to hear about your top geeky things to be grateful for.

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment