Thursday, October 1, 2015

Happiness Thursday.


 So it's that time again. It's Thursday. The day that often feels like the never ending gateway to the weekend. I have to say that this week I'm quite happy for today. I got to sleep in till 7:30 (lol) and take my kids to school. I went grocery shopping and have been watching TV all morning. So in my excitement today I thought I'd post my top things that make me happy! I would love to hear your top things as well. (image: quotehunter)

1) October!

Today the first thing is October. For the first day of October I'm quite happy with the weather. It's a little brisk and definitely sweater weather. I haven't turned on my heat yet but I know I'm going to have to do it soon. This is a time of Halloween, Hot Chocolate and Warm meals. I'm really excited to do a ton of cooking.

Source: Underground Culinary Lab

2) Baking and Cooking.

There's nothing better than Warm home made bread in the oven. Lasagna or Stew for dinner, and maybe a Pumpkin pie for desert (which I may have to eat all by myself because I don't know anyone else in my house that loves them). I love baking and planning and grocery shopping for the stuff. Now I'm also realistic and know that the frustration that can be associated with baking sometimes totally sucks, but that's okay! Let's make COOKIES!!!

3) A Good Book

I haven't had to a chance to read a good book in a while. I keep looking at (and buying) books that seem so good. Maybe I will be able to find the time over the winter to sit down and actually read a book. If I do I'm sure you'll hear all about it. I really want to read the latest Laurel K Hamilton but I have a habit of re-reading the previous 2 to 4 books so it will take me some time to get there.

4) Blogging

I love being on the computer. Writing posts. Finding fun and interesting geeky things to talk about. This all goes hand in hand with my want to Buy ALL the Things, which I've been really good not to do lately. I was never a good English Student. I didn't do well in creative writing and I never seemed to get very far in English Class. What I've realized with this blog is that it wasn't that I didn't like writing, it was that I didn't like the limitations the schools had on my  writing. I could never write a 3 paragraph essay to save my life but in University I could write a paper with the best of them. So this new found love to writing and news related items has been a total surprise for me and is something I'm really exploring.


5) Costumes

I love COSTUMES. All types. From Cosplay to Halloween, there is nothing better than drawing up a design and then trying to figure out how to implement it. I am really hoping to keep exploring my Costume building and maybe expand into day wear. I would like to see what it's like to actually draft my own patterns in time and maybe go to school for that. This is something that I used to think as a silly idea and frivolous as a career choice (mainly I would compare to all that's out there and never think I could actually make a career out of it). What I've realized in the last bit is that you can make a career out of anything if you put the effort behind it. You don't need all the pie, just a slice big enough to keep you happy.

So for October First let me know what makes you happy. What pushes you over the edge of happiness where you go "if only I could do this everyday"! Maybe we can all explore our passions together.

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment