Monday, October 19, 2015

Halloween Prep: Movies for the Family


13 days till halloween and what did I do this weekend?? We cut out patterns, sewed and watched Halloween movies that were kid appropriate. So today I thought I'd talk about a few of them. (Image/Gif: Buzzfeed)


The Nightmare Before Christmas
Source: Disney Store

I love love love the Nightmare Before Christmas. This is one of those movies that you can watch at Christmas or at Halloween if you are anything like me and save movies for certain times of the year. Just this past weekend I introduced Jack and Sally to my 4 year old and I was pleasantly surprised that she didn't find it odd or creepy in any way. She actually laughed when the monstrous toys started attacking the people and felt sad that the people of Halloween town just didn't understand. This movie may not be for all 4 year old's (if they are more sensitive they may have issues with it) but it definitely can be fine for 8 year old and up. This is one of the top Halloween staples in my house, and I'm so happy it's on Netflix being I only  have it on VHS and no VHS player in my house anymore.

ParaNorman
Source: All4desktop

This movie is adorable. We watched it as well this past weekend and got an even bigger response than NBC. The only issue we had was her comprehension of that happened to the little girl, but that's okay. She understood that at the end she was happy and so was all the zombies and that it ended well. The best parts of the movie was her reaction to the Zombies and how they all seemed confused and scared of the towns people and the lights and stores and such. I guess 300 years really takes it out of a zombie. Again this may not be appropriate for all 4 year olds but it is definitely okay for most.

Monster High: Ghouls Rule
Source: Byrnes
Monster High anything is a staple in my house and around Halloween we really like the Ghouls Rule movie. This movie reminds us that all the humans and the monsters can be equally scared of each other and they both make bad decisions. It's cute and fine for all ages. Even the 2 year old will sit and watch this one with us, so it can't be all bad.

Well, those are the top 3 we are watching at the moment. I may have to introduce her to Garfield and the Peanut's Halloween specials (which should be on cable at some point). If she was a little older we'd watch Monster House but I think that's more a 6 year old movie. Other than that I will be watching Hocus Pocus with or without my kids before the end of the week.

What movies are on your list this Halloween?

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment