Thursday, September 10, 2015

Hi! I'm still alive! How about you?

Fan Expo was a roaring success last weekend and I really really really need to write an amazing post about all the fun stuff I learned and all the cool people I saw. The issue is that currently my home computer isn't set up and I can't edit any of my photos (or really link them properly) until I have that up and running. I'm hoping to get it all set up tonight and then maybe I can actually post something more fun tomorrow... YAY!


But until then my work computer is extremely limited and all I can say is... "Hi!". LOL.

So today I thought I'd post a few questions for future reference... I'd love to here from you in the comments (or tag me on social media @Sylvanfire ).

1) Do you actually use online shopping??
I know I don't use it nearly as much as I think I do. There are a TON of things I'd love to buy but do you actually ever buy the things?? I would like to but I know my answer is no. If so what do you buy?? Is it mainly little trinkets and socks (yay sock dreams) or is it often bigger things?? I'm seriously curious and I find that marketing and stats can be skewed.

2) Do you support crafters and Hand made products, even though they are often more costly than store bought?
I may not purchase online as often as I'd like but I often purchase handmade. I have been known to drive up to 3 hours to pick up a specific handmade item I may have adored online. I am also a big supporter of handmade/crafter/artist projects, there is nothing like getting a picture or print from a real person.

3) Do you think Etsy is a successful place to sell and buy stuff? or do you prefer to purchase directly from the website?
I have used Etsy quite frequently to source and discover amazingly talented artists and creators. I, however, usually try and contact the creator directly for purchases or purchase through their site instead of Etsy.

Why am I asking all this stuff??
Well, with my future looming (lol) I am trying to see where I want to take my life and I can't decide what the best direction would be to take. I will be keeping this a geeky everything site as it's been so don't worry about that. I love talking all things Geek and this is one of my favourite outlets. I will, however, be adding to it and maybe expanding (in time I may actually get a standalone site... OOoooooooo lol). This is all an attempt to learn to adult while still exploring what I love, allowing myself to grow and maybe being able to actually participate more fully in those things I love in my life (including geeky stuff and my kids).

If you have any advice, answers or questions (you never know, send me anything and I may just answer it) I'd love to hear from you! I love answering things in the comments so go comment crazy (but no spam please, it will be deleted!).

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie


No comments:

Post a Comment