Monday, July 13, 2015

What I did instead of going to Comic Con

So this last weekend was the insane and crazy San Diego Comic Con, and I was one of the many that didn't go. (image source Unknown) 

Usually I would scour the internet and watch ALL THE THINGS to find out exactly what was said, announced and released at Comic Con, and I probably will still do this over the next week, but I didn't. I didn't sit at my computer all Sunday night trying to find fun things to post about. I didn't do anything comic or geek related at all. And I had a great time doing it.

This weekend was one of the first few weekends where I was busy all weekend but never felt totally exhausted. I went to Ikea and found some amazingly cool things (did I tell you I'm redoing my house?). I admit there is no way to keep geekdom out of my home, and just because I'm an adult doesn't mean I need to put away childish things (thank you Hackers for that quote lol). Instead I am planning for some fun things. I had a great weekend planning my sitting room to be fashionably geeky where the sofisitcated styles I like can mesh seemlessly with the art.
Source: Ikea

I found some awesome storage ideas so I can make my office/computer room/sewing room/art room into a fun place where everything is organized (within reason) and I am able to still want to be in the space to create whatever it is I'm creating. Heck some of the tables totally made me drool.

Source: Ikea
Heck wouldn't the above table make an awesome table for cutting material on??

Other than that I had a great time with my family at Sunfest in London Ontario



I'll pull a Mom moment that I usually avoid but I love my Grumpy Kitty and Rainbow Dash Girl.

I hope you had a great weekend, whether it was at an awesome con or just enjoying the lovely weather. We will return to our regularly scheduled Geekery tomorrow.

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment