Thursday, July 2, 2015

Thursday that feels like a Monday

There's something about having a day off in the middle of the week that TOTALLY messes your mind up.

I actually came into work today expecting the regular Monday insanity, and instead I found the Thursday to do list. I know in my head that it's actually Thursday but I haven't been able to convince my body yet. There is one awesome thing about this. If your body thinks today is Monday then it's expecting tomorrow to be Tuesday. Instead it's going to have a happy surprise of being Friday.

So to pick up my Thursday I started looking into the usual fun stuff (between working that is) and found some cool Toys! Yes I love toys, so should everyone!

My first place to usually look is Nerd Approved. I don't know what it is about that site but they often have some of the coolest fun things I wish I could buy! Hot Topic and Think Geek are pretty close seconds and thirds.

What I found today was a fun Barbie Wonder Woman, set to be released at SDCC by Mattel.
I am glad that Mattel is finally making Superhero Barbie dolls. I have a nice doll collection and she is just amazing. My only complaint is that I wish she was in the costume with the pants.

No, I am not a huge out spoken person about women being objectified or overly sexy, but I do have preferences in costumes. I really really like the newest versions of Wonder Woman's Costume and would have really liked to see her in the pants/tights version.

Source: Comic Book
There's just something inherently cool and tough with the newest costume. I think a Barbie version of this would be extremely neat. Heck, there's no reason Barbie (or any doll for that matter) can't be feminine (because that seems to be a must) yet still be strong and powerful. Give her weapons and an awesome super hero pose and we are set!

What do you think? Barbie with the classic costume or something more modern??

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment