Monday, June 29, 2015

The Liebster Award!!

This weekend I was nominated by the awesome blog Exquisitely Geek (go check them out because they are awesome) for a Liebster Award! (button from Workin On Working Mom)


Now what is a Liebster award?? Well, it's kind of an award between bloggers to promote other bloggers. What's cool?? You can find a ton of cool new blogs and people who are amazing if you look through the list of #liebsteraward on twitter. Heck, I just goggled it and found some awesome blogs. Also you get to find some interesting information about other people and then in turn get to pass it on!

So here is goes. General Rules:

image: Planting Peas
I mentioned them above but Thank you again Exquisitely Geek, this is very cool. Next I'm going to make my nominations so that you can go check them out too.

Nominees (in no particular order):
  1. Sparklegirl 
  2. Sweets and Dreams
  3. Readerly Geek  
  4. Dezpresso  
  5. Emma Palmer Brown
  6. Midget Bites 
  7. Just Us Folk
  8. Zero Gravity Inq
  9. The Shellosaurus-Rex Project
  10. Geek and Prosper
  11. Stephy Young
11 Random Facts:

1) I have a miniature Dachshund who's name is Tank because he's close to the ground like a tank. 
2) I grew into my geekiness, it was always there under the surface but embracing it was hard.
3) I hate doing dishes... with a passion... they suck!
4) If I could have blue hair that looked like natural hair and work wouldn't care, I would do it! Now!
5) My friends and I coined the term gunk for our style... gothy punk... so lets all be Gunks.
6) Pink is starting to grow on my because of having little girls.
7) I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and really miss kicking things.
8) I could (and do) Dance every day! Dancing = happy.
9) Pop music... for an alternative/punk/goth lover I actually like a lot of pop (Marianna's Trench and Hedley make me happy).
10) I love anything with big eyes. Dolls, painting, etc, and will buy them if I have the funds. 
11) I would love to quit my job and write blogs and make costumes and fun costuming stuff every day. I really like office work but this would make me even happier.

Questions from Exquisitely Geek:

1: What is your bext book recommendation and why:

The Rowan by Anne McCaffrey. I know I'm surprising a lot of my readers with this. I usually ALWAYS recommend Laurel K but have recently realized that her form of Horror and Humour and Heavy petting (*giggle*) are not for everyone. The Rowan is great for all ages of girls and women and boys and men, it's great for everyone. There's romance and action. Space and sci-fi with a hint of something else. There's a little bit of everything encompassed in a book about a strong female who won't take no shit from anyone. I love it... and the following books. The second is good but Damia is even better. But you need to read the first two to get to the awesomeness that is Damia.

2: What are your top five "fandoms"

I always have issues with this. There are so many things I love and everytime I put them in the list afterwards I go... oh wait I forgot such and such. Well, here goes. 1) MARVEL. I say Marvel as all encompassing. I love love love the X-men but have been growing to love a whole bunch of other aspects of Marvel. They just do it right in my mind. 2) Disney. Who doesn't like Disney? You?? Well then you are SO at the wrong blog. I love Disney and have loved them long before I had kids. They just rock, so there. 3) Laurell K Hamilton. She is my absolute favourite author. I am in love love with Anita Blake. I can eat up one of her books in 2 days easy. I usually re-read the previous novel (or 3) in the series before the newest. But I'm just as big a fan of the author. She's an amazing person! 4) Monster High/Ever After High. This is a fairly new one for me. I love the dolls (and have a nice size collection) and my daughter is even getting involved in that. The shows and movies are just as good. They are fun and cute and totally call to my little goth girl heart. 5) Funko Pop. I have grown into a huge fan of Pop stuff. They are adorable and baby like versions of my favourite characters. I could own them all (if I had a house big enough to display them and "one billion dollars").

3. If you could be one fictional character for 24 hours, who would it be?

Anita Blake! Done! Next question??

4. Do you collect anything geeky?

YES! Dolls, Funko, Toys, T-shirts... you name it. I have some and love them all.

5. What is your favourite ice cream flavor?

Vanilla... I know I'm boring. But it's the best! Then you can add whatever you want and in whatever quantity you want. Mmmmmmm.

6. What is your current Netflix binge?

Marvel Agent's of Shield. I am WAY behind and just starting the first season. It is awesome and I love the tie-ins to the movies. Coulson rocks! And I really like Sky too.

7. You're on a desert island, what book or movie do you bring with you?

If I'm on an island with movie capability then totally Pirate's of the Carribean or Guardians of the Galaxy. But if there is not electricity or tv... then probably an Anita Blake book or the Rowan, or Dune.

8. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?

A Dragon! Wait that's not an animal??? Hmmmmm.... then a Giraffe. I think, because they are some of my favourite animals and they are just neat. Or a duck billed platipus because they are weird and cool. But if I can... A Dragon. Who doesn't want to be a Dragon!!!!

9. If you could have dinner with any person, dead or alive, who would you choose?

Laurell K Hamilton! She is very cool and I just want the chance to meet such an  interesting person. If I have a second choice then Wil Wheaton. Cause he's Wil Wheaton!

10. Doctor Who, Sherlock, or Supernatural?

Yes! Wait, it's an or question... Sherlock! But can I just have Dean and his car for a day? Please??

11. Star Wars or Star Trek?

Star Trek.... *waits for stones to be thrown*.... I don't know. I like Star Wars but I grew up with Wrath of Khan and the whole series on repeat. Also Wil Wheaton and Patrick Stewart.


And now for the Questions for my Nominees:

1) Your favourite comic book? or Manga?
2) If you could be part of a magical world which one would it be?
3) What type of magic style (and there are a ton from Movies and Books) is your favourite?
4) Top book to recommend to new readers.
5) Are you a crafty geek? If so what crafty thing are you most proud of?
6) Do you have geeky decor? How have you expressed your geek in your space?
7) Do you have a pet??
8) Do you have non geeky hobbies?
9) Favourite cartoon when you were a kid?
10) If you could be a Disney Character which would you be?
11) Iron Man or Captain America, who would you team up with??

I want to thank Exquisitely Geek one more time. I had lots of fun getting this put together.

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment