Friday, June 12, 2015

Honouring Sir Christopher Lee


Yesterday the geek world reeled at the news of yet another Sci-Fi/Fantasy Icon passing. Today I will remember the amazingness that was this man in all his 93 years. (Image source: Wednesday's Heroes)


Sir Christopher Lee has been most widely recognized in the past few years from the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings epic films. He played the roll of the evil Saruman the White. As a tidbit of knowledge, not only was he quite happy to play this part, but he was utilized as a fountain of knowledge throughout most of the production. Claiming to re-read the entire series yearly, Sir Christopher Lee was as big a geek (if not bigger) than any of us.

He has a long long long list of amazing accomplishments and I have to say plays one of the best "bad guys" ever. Always seeming slightly creepy and off, there is no wonder that Tim Burton has used him to the most of his ability. I could go on and on about the amazing productions he has been in.... Star Wars, LOTR, Corpse Bride, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Kingdom Hearts II, Sleepy hallow... to name a few. He has done voices for video games, voices for TV shows. You name I could swear he could do it.

In the DVD Extra's for the LOTR's you learn that he can also speak the Black Speech and Elvish. Not only that but he's in a Metal Band!!! Yup... amazing 93 year old Geek extreme was in a metal band!

When people say to me... "but what will you be when you're 90?" I always thought that I wanted to be as cool as a select few individuals, and Sir Christopher Lee was on the top of the list. 

So I hope you rest well Sir Christopher Lee, and I will think about you everytime I watch one of the MANY movies, video games and television programs you were involved it. You will be greatly missed by all!


Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment