Thursday, June 11, 2015

The 90's Return: Powerpuff girls and Reboot


So it is official, my whole childhood (at least teen years) are getting remade. We have had an influx of remakes from movies being announced or released. Some have been amazing and some not so much... well now it's TV's turn. (Source: PowerPuff Girls)
It has now been officially announced that the Powerpuff girl remake is a go. What's amazing is that they aren't changing the look of the girls by much. They are still very similar to the original Powerpuff girls with some modernization of the characters.

If you have never watched the Powerpuff girls I will include a little blurb:
"The Powerpuff Girls centers on three sugar-coated superheroes — Blossom, Bubbles and Buttercup — whose mission in life alternates between going to school, fighting crime, winning at hopscotch and saving the world before bedtime." (The Mary Sue)
When the original came out in 1998 I was in my final years of High school, but that never stopped me watching this awesome show. Since then the original has been on Netflix and my daughter and I have had many hours discussing which character is our favourite. My personal favourite is Buttercup... because she totally kicks butt!
Source: Powerpuff Girl FB
The voice actors have been released as well. I'm sure it's a bit of a spite to the original voice actors but I think sometimes bringing in younger voice actors to play younger characters is a good thing. There's something different about an adult playing a younger character. Either way, it'll be interesting to see how they go with the final look and sound of the new Powerpuff Girls.

Another Reboot that I'm actually very interested in is REBOOT! Yes it is official, they are Rebooting ReBoot. (How many times can I say Reboot in a sentence)
Source: Rainmaker Entertainment
The new series ReBoot: The Guardian Code will focus on 4 teens guided by a cyberbeing from the original series Vera. The teens will enter cyber space using protective suits to survive the digital world. Guardians (like Bob) are the digital police of the cyberworld. Old favourites like Bob, and Enzo are said to be returning on various levels, but just as technology advances some new characters will be introduced as well.

With the increase in digital capabilities and the internet in general from 1994's original air date to now there will be a lot of new information and adventures. The original series focused a lot on User vs Platform gaming, but now with the increase in MMORPG's and Cloud systems, mobile technology and other forms of online gaming, there will no doubt be a whole new form of "games" that they will need to play. Also some old favourite villains (Megabite) is slated to come back with a digital upgrade, and new ones like a hacker named the Sourcerer. I am kind of hoping for a version of Hexadecimal as well. She was one of my favourite characters from Reboot.

You can find more info at the Corus Entertainment press release. I am very excited even though I'm a little nervous about the cross over (real world to cyber world) element. I have found a lot of shows that do that loose something, but all we can do is wait and see. Here's hoping that it turns out amazing and isn't another disappointing remake.

Until next time
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie



2 comments:

  1. I didn't know there was the remake going on. Thanks for the info (also great post)
    xoxo
    dePepi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to the Powerpuff Girls project. My son loves them!

    ReplyDelete