Friday, May 15, 2015

Week in Geeky Review

This image from New Grounds by ChewCrew totally was my day yesterday, and because of that you guys missed out. Yup I made a post and never posted it! Sigh! So today I will make up for it with a Geeky Week in Review.

Before you read on I would like to warn you that I may have spoilers to Comics or other stuff (mostly a comic). So if you have been avoiding things so you can read Thor #8 and be suprised with the reveal then do not, I repeat do not, continue to read this.
Source: Marvel
On the Thirteenth of May Marvel finally revealed who the new female Thor was and it was AWESOME! A favourite character and a regular in the world of Thor, who other than Jane Foster should be worthy to carry Thor's hammer. In the interview with Axel Alonso on the Marvel website he discusses the amazing image and empowerment it means in the Marvel Universe to have Jane Foster, a human female with Breast cancer, taking up Thor's Mantel and the tole it has on her human form. Either way this is pretty awesome!!!!!

Source: ABC
The next awesome news, and I for one am very very very excited for this, is the announcement of the renewal for another season of Agent Carter. From the Marvel Announcement it appears the Peggy will be moving to Los Angeles from New York and face a whole new threat. This is amazing, I loved the first Peggy series and I think a large part of it is how well Hayley Atwell plays Peggy Carter. She's just an amazing character and I think Marvel should support it's female leads more often. This should be proof that a female led cast is just as good as a male led one.

Source: The Mary Sue

In other interesting news I guess the Muppets are coming back. I think this is neat but I'm always a little apprehensive when they restart a childhood favourite. This will be something to check out whether you were a Muppet fan or not... just to see how they do it. Supposedly it will be more adult themed and documentary style. In all honesty I'm not truely sure how I feel about it. I guess it's a wait and see kind of thing.

Source: The Toast
Another thing that makes me apprehensive is the Mary Sue's announcement that Sony is planning to remake the Craft. All I can say is "PLEASE NO!" That would be like remaking Boogie Nights or Empire Records or ... or... Dazed and Confused. Seriously! Don't remake cult films, they never go well. If you need examples on the horrors of remakes just watch the newest Footloose or Annie. I could go on but I will spare you. This scares me almost as much as them talking about remaking Hackers. I know there's always the potential of them doing it right or justice or whatever, but I really love the originals and don't feel the need to change a good thing.

So some awesome from the week, and a few OMG Seriously's but to end it all I'm going to give you a D'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww moment. So here for your Friday is Baymax Fabrikation.
Source: Funko
Now repeat after me...... AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I SO want one... but I will need to buy three! One for each of my daughters and one for me. Now I just have to wait till July for them to come out (hurry up July!).

I hope this made up for my lack of a brain yesterday! Have an Awesomely amazing weekend!!!

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment