Tuesday, May 19, 2015

A long weekend full of Awesome Marvel, DC and Disney!

Image from NerdApproved
It was a long weekend this past weekend and I totally failed to prepare for having anything done ahead of time. That being said there's been quite a a few cool thing released the past few days from  DC! So I thought we'd talk about them.

The above picture is from the new line of digital comics that are to be released by DC. They series of Bombshell statues are going to be a new digital-first series. This series is to be written by Marguerite Bennett who has a very exciting job ahead of her:
 
Bennett in a press release. “I cannot possibly tell you how excited and grateful I am to be involved in a story this massive and inventive. The series will explore war stories, romances, mysteries, heists, action adventure and horror in a way that only these characters could do — I cannot wait for this book to drop. Pun very much intended.” (Nerd Approved)

This may make me start reading DC again. It's been a while since I've been drawen to their story lines but this seems right up my alley. So this has a big possibility of being added to the read list. 

Another fun news is the newest DC comic to TV series, Supergirl. I can be honest in saying I don't know a lot about Supergirl but the preview is pretty impressive.

 
I really like the look and the characters involved. Now to PVR the series in anticipation!

As a last thing from DC I thought was kind of funny is a new line of Thomas the Tank Engines: 
 
I don't know about you but I think they are all a little creapy! I guess the Thomas Superman is kind of cute, but the Harley is probably my favourite. Either way they are due to be released as a SDCC Exclusive. The funniest thing I find is that they are DC trains and Thomas was also featured in the Ant Man trailers... so I guess Thomas is playing all the comic fields.

As something unrelated I thought the Nostalgic Star Wars Painting are beautiful!
I would totally hang them up in my house! They would make a beautiful above the couch display! If you want to see them all they are on Nerd Approved, but can see more of Craig Davidson's work on his Facebook Page. So much awesome!

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on. 
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment