Monday, May 4, 2015

May the Fourth be With You!

Happy Star Wars Day... lets celebrate with some of my favourite Star Wars stuff.

So today is Star Wars Day and I'm sure you will find a lot of fun Star Wars related paraphernalia being posted all over the internet. So I decided to share some of my favourite Star Wars related stuff... from books to videos... so here we go.

One of my favourite things that I've ever found is the book series of Darth Vader and Son by Jeffrey Brown. You can find his books at Amazon or Chapters... heck I've even found them in local comic shops and gift stores. I love this series! It started as a cute book about little things that could have happened if Darth Vader had a hand in raising his son. Over the years Jeffrey Brown has released a few new books about Darth Vader and friends (mainly his reaction to the friends of his kids), also Darth Vader and daughter.


The whole series is quite adorable and in all honesty as a parent I would love to have Jedi mind tricks sometimes. I particularly love the interactions of Vader to Hans Solo as the kids get older. He has a part of the series where they are teenagers, and even puts teenage Hans in Carbonite to Leia's chagrin.

Another of my favourite's is Eddie Izzard's Death Star Canteen. Eddie Izzard is an amazing stand up comic, if you haven't heard of his stuff then you should totally check out his stuff. One of my favourite's is the Eddie Izzard Noah's Ark one... in particular the Evil Animals (Here's a clip of it). Eddie's Death Star Canteen is a discussion of the life of people in the canteen... mainly Vader's interactions to the Canteen server. If you haven't seen it I below is an awesome version that was done as a Lego version of his stand up.


This makes me laugh EVERY TIME! I don't know what it is... maybe it's the combination of the Lego and the stand up that makes it even better. Either way it's one of the funniest Star Wars stand up's that I know of.

I was going to add a bunch of other stuff but I thought I should leave you with my top 3 favourites instead of inundating you with a ton of Star Wars stuff. I was never a major Star Wars fan but I do love the fan art, fan videos and and anything fun. I do enjoy the movies but I'm not as fanatic as some people about everything Star Wars. The last thing I'm going to post is my favourite Star Wars earworm!

Now for the rest of the day you can sing it too: "My backpack's got Jets! I'm Bubba the Fett"... LOL.

I hope you all have a wonderful Star Wars Day. Here's one last thing (yes I know I said I was done), I couldn't help but post something about Princess Leia from Pocket Princesses.


I also hope you all had a wonderful Free Comic Book day on the weekend. I had tried to make a post this weekend but it failed to post properly (damn computers), but of course it isn't relevant now so I just deleted it. I will, however, be talking about some of the Free Comic Book day fun sometime this week.

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

1 comment:

  1. Those comics are brilliant! Hope you had a good Star Wars day as well. :)

    ReplyDelete