Friday, May 1, 2015

Happy May Day or AKA Avenger's Day!


Yay Avenger's Day. If you are one of the lucky few that have seen it already I'm so happy for you. If you are like me and need to wait until next week then for now we can tide ourselves over with awesome Fan art.

The above image is a compilation of art created by the artist theDURRRRIAN on deviant art. I love his altered versions of the Avenger's, they would be really cool cosplays, The ones above were done after the first Avenger's Movie so they are a little older. Here is his newest version of Black Widow.

His art has progressed exceptionally well. The detail he has added in the arm pieces and the clothes have created a greater depth in the image. I'm very impressed with his progress in the face and his use of colour, His original art reminded me a lot of the art from the DnD books, but the new stuff is amazing. I love the darkness and the sheer talent involved it creating them. I would totally hang this work on my walls... Oh it would look so good in my den (if I had a den lol).

On Geekster Ink today they have a beautiful collection of art (some of theDURRRRIAN's is on it of course). One of my favourites from this collection is the Auto Avengers.

These are so cool. I love the detail and imagination put into each character. If you haven't figured it out yet I'm a fan or either bright or dark art. I have never been good with pastels or muted colours. I love the colours and the imagery of these Auto Avengers. I can totally see a series where the Auto Bots and the Avengers go into an alternate reality and you have the creation of the Auto Avengers. "Earth's Mightiest Hero's ROLL OUT!"

But I digress, The Artist (Chasing Artwork) has quite a few cool ideas when it comes to mash-ups between genres. I like his version of Auto Loki (or would it be Decepti-Loki) that you can find here. There's something almost bug like about his characters. Reminds me of beetles and grasshoppers. If you like that you'll love his Deadpool.
It's so much fun!!!! Makes me want to go EEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol.

My final Avenger art for the day was found on GeekxGirls. Today they posted a series of lovely Sailor Moon Avengers.

I think my favourite of this series is the Sailor Mars as Hawkeye or the Sailor Mercury as Iron Man. I haven't watched any of the new Sailor Moon series but I loved the original Sailor Moon series. I think it would be really interesting seeing a cartoon version of this, that is as long as Tuxedo Mask is the Black Widow.

Well, for now I'll go find more fun Avenger's things on the internet.
Share in the comments any cool Avenger's theme stuff you find!

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment