Monday, April 6, 2015

Spring Cleaning

Spring Cleaning in all format's of my life is a necessity. Some inspiration is sometimes needed.



I know it's been spring technically for a few weeks, and here the snow hasn't really gone all together, but I still am excited for spring. Something fresh something new in my life. I have decided to change the way I do things personally and lately it's been going fairly well.  (I found the pic from HERE... I love Hyperbole and a Half)

I have started by cleaning out my Facebook. I am one of those pack rat computer people who have EVERY message I've EVER received on Facebook. Well after almost an hour I've managed to clean out most of my old messages. I put the ones I didn't get around to cleaning out into Archives, so I can go back, but then they aren't sitting in my message section.

I am also starting to clean out the dreaded friends list. I know most people use this as an angry purge, or stuff, but I find that it isn't a bad idea to remove those people who you either haven't had any contact with in a while or those that promote negativity into your life. I know this sounds easier than it is sometimes, trust me I know from experience, but I think removing negativity is a good thing. Since I started removing negative and focusing on positive I've found my life has gone in a more positive manner.

Talking about positive. I can not say how much I have loved finding the women and men at IGGPPC. If you can't tell by this post, I am human. I have had issues in my life, good things and bad things. I have always tried to stay positive in the face of any difficulty. I have had friends who support my views, I have had "friends" who stated that I should "be more depressed", "Show your hurt more", blah blah blah. Those that bring me down are not in my life for long periods because often you can see that the negativity is not helping their life at all. It promotes depression, anger and weight issues, and general unhappiness. I chose to be happy.

The new friends I have met have made me exceptionally happy. They aren't just sugar coating it. They mean it and when I try and support them I mean it too. Happiness begets happiness. So if you try and be happy, supportive and caring you will get people around you who are happy, supportive and caring, because those neigh sayers will find you and your happy friends annoying and go away!

I have been participating this month in the #loveyourinnergeek through IGGPPC on Twitter. My partner and I swapped 30 days of little items (mostly geeky) that we get to open one each day a month. So I thought I'd share with you some of my cool things:


Aren't they awesome... and I still have 25 days to go!!!

So I'll leave you with this:
from HERE
Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin on.

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment