Thursday, April 23, 2015

DC and Marvel: the Pipeline

Pic HERE
With spring in the air it seems the time for fun announcements and cool things coming out. So I thought I'd put some of them together for your viewing um, more like reading, pleasure.


As a mom of two geek girls in training there are a few things I look for all the time. Pink (because although I'm not a fan of pink my oldest loves it) and Superhero stuff for little girls. My daughter has taken a liking to everything from Teen Titans to Avengers. She is equally excited to watch something with Spiderman as she is to watch Barbie or Monster High. I personally think this is AWESOME! Who doesn't want a daughter that wants to be Pym from Marvels' Next Avengers or prefers Beast Boy and Starfire to the whinier girl characters on TV.

So the announcement by DC that they are making a franchise with the FEMALE characters of DC is pretty awesome.
from HERE
Warner Bros' and DC are partnering with Mattel and Random House to put out everything from Books to movies, toys to Apparel focusing on these lovely Teen Female Hero's and Villains. This is a big step. There have been quite a few comics and cartoons geared at a younger audience but usually they have boys as the main character and one (maybe 2) girls in relation. To have a main cast of mostly female characters makes me so happy... and if means I have some cool new stuff to make for my daughters.
Image from HERE
As for Marvel and Disney... well I think my calendar is now filled with movies I need to watch for the next 2 or 3 years. Seriously, just May to August is filled with stuff let alone all the things coming out in the next 2 years. What is fun and exciting is the shear number of Disney Pixar stuff that will be released. I have always LOVED Pixar films, there's something nice about most of them. What I didn't know what that there was also a sequel to Alice in Wonderland coming out. I am very excited about that. I'm pretty sure they aren't going to keep the "Through the Looking Glass" movie to the book but I don't care. I'm a little saddened to hear that Tim Burton isn't directing this one, but I think it should be okay. What I'm really excited about is the fact that they are keeping most of the same cast: from Johnny Depp to Anne Hathaway, most have signed on for the sequel, even Alice (Thank the gods).

To finish off the awesomeness I thought I'd share an adorable baby Groot statue that Nerd Fu posted from Deviant Art:

Isn't he adorable??? If you check out the Deviant Artist Bastard Prince you can see all the other stuff he has that's amazing (from drawings to other sculptures).

Well, Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment