Monday, July 4, 2016

Canada Day and A Weekend


This weekend seemed so busy while at the same time I don't really feel like I got anything accomplished... which is okay I guess.

What's awesome is this week starts a bunch of new things for me...

1) I have the kids both home full time this week being "School's out for summer". I am looking forward to it and dreading it all at the same time. My household is very busy (even though they aren't involved with any sports or anything this year)... but I think there are a few things I'm going to need to get in order to survive the summer. I'll put them together and maybe make a geek's guide to surviving the summer with kids list tomorrow!

2) I have my head start program for Fanshawe on Wednesday. This is great. I get to go to the school... write my WRIT placement test (really still not sure about this) and get my student id. My husband and I have a plan for paying for the school course so hopefully it all falls into place and everything works out great.

3) BUDGETING... I have finally got my husband on board with getting a full budget for the house in place. I know, at 35 we should have already figured out how to do this... but we didn't. We have tried a few times (so it's not from lack of trying) but we've never been good at sticking to it. Now that we have reduced and removed most credit and have caught up on our bills we are making a plan or attack. So this will limit by spending money for the summer activities but there are lots of things we can find that are free!

4) Writing. I've been working on trying to find freelance writing gigs that are paying. I already write for more than just here (you can check out my posts on the IGGLEs site as well) but nothing I've written for wanted to pay me. I may have at least one lined up ... and it's a start. There's nothing like the feeling of getting paid to do the work you enjoy.

5) My house... with our limited budget we have been trying to do things that make the house feel fresh while not costing much. So this summer my plan is to paint. As much as I would love to renovate my kitchen I don't have thousands for that... but I feel like a new coat of paint should make it feel like mine and a little more welcoming.

So that's the start! We had a wonderful Canada Day on Friday with fireworks and friends... and I hope everyone from the US has a wonderful Independance Day today!


Me and my girls at the Fireworks (yes I have now shaved half of my head... the other side was pinned back but it's shoulder length). There's nothing like kids OOooing and Awwwing at fireworks!

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment