Thursday, June 9, 2016

Inspirational Thursday!


I don't know about you but I sure have had a week filled with ups and downs... some good and some that call for pajama's, chips and a good movie. So I thought to turn it around for the weekend we'd looks for some inpiration in our life!

Let's start with something I think is amazing and that's America Ninja Warrior. Seriously, this show (from what I've been able to watch on YouTube in Canada) is phenomenal!! The competators are just stunning and they are seriously talented! If you don't believe me (and I doubt that your doubt me) here's an video of Jessie Graff who was the first woman to this season's course and the first person up the 14 1/2 foot warped wall!


Lately I have been trying to use Music for inspiration with my drawings and sometimes sewing and writing. What I've realized is that I can't listen to the music I would normally listen too because I start singing the words and not actually getting anything done. To counter act this I've been trying music that I don't know or don't understand or is very different from what I listen to normally. Recently the top of the list is music by a variety of french artists (I can speak and understand french, I'm just not that quick at it), so here's one of my favourites so far! La Seine par Vanessa Paradis et -M- from the movie Monster in Paris (I think I need to now go watch the movie).


As someone who's been starting to get their work on Etsy I have a slight obession with searching random art to see what's out there. Lately I've been looking into a variety of artist doing art work that's geek related but subtle, so that unless the person really looks at it or they know the symbols they may not realize that it's about Batman or who ever. One of these artist is BeinKemen who does Mandala's that are slightly on the geek side!

BeinKemen
Well, that's what I have for inspiration today... if you find something Inspirational (or make something yourself) and want to share, please link it in the comments!!

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment