Monday, April 25, 2016

Vacation, Weekend and a Photosession.

So my vacation didn't go quite as planned and this weekend was fun... but I also got a chance to pull out my camera (it's been a coon's age) and play with it.

So the vacation we originally had planned (going to a Maple Syrup festival with the kids) didn't quite happen. On the wednesday (when we were supposed to leave) my husband got hit with what we think was food poisoning! He was in the washroom being nasty all day... so we canceled our hotel and I took the kids shopping with my mom. On the plus side they both were happy and got new shoes and a toy. The next day he was feeling much better and we decided to just go to London (about an hour from our house... Ontario, not England) and stay in a hotel. The kids loved the pool... mommy got to buy a new shirt... and everyone was mostly happy.

The next day I got to go to Guelph to watch the Pageant for the new Mr/Mrs/Whatever you want to call yourself/Non-Gender specific Guelph Pride. It was long but lots of fun and I really enjoyed myself. I was impressed with the amount of work that all the contestants put into their outfits, and their performances! Here's a couple of pics I took with my camera:

Aren't they all lovely. I realized afterwards that I should have brought my good camera with me... which got me thinking. It's been a while since I pulled out my good camera. Often lately I've been using my phone camera for everything. It's not so bad... it has pretty decent quality and clarity and is easy to share the pics... but it's not the same as using a better camera. I know that I really need to get a new digital camera at some point (I really want a professional grade one) but that will have to wait.

So I was asked to do a pic for the show this coming Saturday... Sunday night resulted in my pulling out the camera and the makeup and finding an outfit. Here's the results:

The last one's the one I sent... what do you think?? I had fun! You can tell I didn't edit fully all of them (you can see the corner of my bed in one pic) but I don't think they turned out that bad. The hardest part was setting off the 2second timer and getting into position before it clicked (and hoping things were in focus).

Well, I hope you all had a healthy weekend.
Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.