Monday, February 22, 2016

Weekends = Sewing, Outdoors, Board Games!


So this weekend was pretty busy with Friends and Family, which totally makes it awesome. I didn't get a chance to really see what's going on in Geeky society so today I thought I'd share some of the things I've been up to lately. (image: Good Morning Quote)

Being we've been having our regular friend gatherings we have started to become game coniseurs in some ways. We have always loved games (board, video, you name it), and so we tend to try and buy different ones rather regularly to try. This week we tried Welcome to the Dungeon and Sheriff of Nottingham.

1st thing I'll say about Welcome to the Dungeon... I find the rule book confusing. I think it's just the way it is and maybe it's just me and my friends, but I read it and thought it was one way. A friend of mine read it and thought it was another way... so we watched a video and both of us were wrong. I found a few video's but this one is the best so far.


Sheriff of Nottingham on the other hand is much more clear but in case you weren't sure if it's for you here's a Table Top episod where they play it. (I love Table Top and have to admit we've bought quite a few games from watching it).


Aside from Boardgames, my family and I had a rather relaxing weekend. It was so sunny (after the rain... seriously rain.. on Friday night) that we tried to spend a bunch of time outside and the kids loved it. Here's my gratuitous mommy photo! LOL

Yup, Canada with no snow in February... it's so weird!

On top of that I'm getting my costume ready for next Sunday (and the butterflies are starting to be real). Now I have a Costume... with the addition of a few minor pieces needed... and need to play with my makeup and hair of the next week. I'm a little torn on the socks for the costume so here's two pics!

I'm seriously thinking on the white socks but I made need to try on both (with someone else) to see what looks better. I have some simple blue vans (ones that I used for Captain American in September) to add to it. And if you are wondering, yes the skirt is from the Snow White. I just attached the coloured fabric swatches with safety pins so I don't mess up the Snow White costume, being I do plan on adding to it and possibly wearing it again at some point. 

So how was your weekend?? Productive or relaxing? 

Until next time. 
Keep on, Geekin' on. 
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment