Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Music In My Heart!

I guess this post is a little late... as in I totally flaked last night in getting it ready so I'm totally whipping something up at the last moment. But I guess better late than never. So I've been thinking about my current playlist, and yes I use YouTube a lot! (image; Northwood)


Lately my playlists have been used for dancing with my kids... but also for inspiration. There's nothing like trying to find the best song to listen too when doing art, writing or making costumes. I have to say, I don't usually write to music... why? Because the last time I tried doing that I started using the lyrics in everything I was writing. To me the music either becomes noise or a distraction, but I do listen to music before and after writing... even for blogs... because it helps me get into the right head space to write what I want to write about.


This song I have to say has been starting to get on my main playlist. I just think it's hilarious, I don't know if it's the fact that she is totally saying Albatross wrong (I believe on purpose) but if you listen to the words it's quite different. I think I need to make a costume for this... because seriously, who doesn't want to be an Albatraoz!

When I'm in a pissed at the world kind of mood (you all know we all get them) this is totally my theme song. I think it's awesome and upbeat and totally empowering when you are screaming it at the world at the top of your lungs. I have the feeling about a lot of Pink's stuff... she just has that shit kicking girl power feel to a lot of her songs and what more do you need?


My latest obsession has been Twenty one pilots. My husband actually got me the CD for our Non-Valentine's Day and I am totally listening to it in my car on repeat. There isn't a song I don't like on the whole thing... and that doesn't happen that often. They hit my love of pop and punk and a little bit of everything else.


Here's one for the kids. I actually have both my kids and my husband singing this... heck if anyone says Cats or Boots in my house the response is always the opposite. So we have a lot of Boots, Cats, Bees.

What's your current top songs?

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment