Friday, February 5, 2016

Playing Card Art Journal: Week 5

This week I decided to try something different. I think it turned out okay but it definitely isn't my strongest one yet... but I have to admit it was fun doing it!

So, lately for the art journals I've been sticking with typical mediums. I honestly LOVE doing collage and don't be surprised if I have a greater number of collage than anything else... but this week is different. When sitting in my office/art room trying to decide what I wanted to do I noticed an old sock... okay it's not just any sock, it's one to a pair I've used for crafts for kids!

I thought I'd try sewing on my card. It was surprisingly easy to get the needle through the card but I was worried I'd tear the card so I didn't put too much through it.


What do you think? The base is a piece of sock as mentioned. I had just bought a whole bunch of fun buttons recently and was looking for an excuse to use some! The flowers are Washi Tape (I'm honestly not sure if it will stay on or not, but it looks pretty at the moment) that I got at the dollar store.

I decided it needed writing and at the moment I seem to be living by the Motto of "Do It!". If it interests you and you have a chance... DO IT! If you are nervous about something but feel it could be good for your... DO IT! Live your life... and know that you CAN DO IT! There are no limitations... and don't let anyone tell you that you can't do something because you have kids... that's bull! Just DO IT!!!

So what did you do? How are your cards and journals coming along??

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment