Monday, January 18, 2016

My Alan Rickman Marathon: Sans Harry Potter


So I've decided in honour of Alan Rickman (one of my TOP actors of ever!) I need to have a Marathon of all my favourite movies... and no these don't include Harry Potter. So for all those fans out there... here are my favourite, non Harry Potter, Alan Rickman Roles! (image: The Chive)

Alan Rickman is a crazy talented and vast actor. Not only does he play an awesome villain, he also plays a well thought out lead!

#5: Galaxy Quest

Source: Imdb

Okay this may not be on many people's Top Movies, but I love it. He's hilarious and quirky and sarcastic... what else could you want from a jaded movie actor who always played an alien?? There is no rule that Comedies can't be one of an actor's top movies... I just love it.

#4: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Source: Imdb
As the voice of Marvin... the depressed Robot... I can't think of anyone else that could have played this character any better! He was fantastic. He was sad, and funny, and just plain dreary and it was beautiful!

#3: Robin Hood

Source: Imdb
The sheriff of Nottingham is icky, funny and nasty all at the same time. I love everything about this character... you love to hate him. And actually you tend to think it's kind of awesome! I think everyone I know (especially certain friends) tends to quote:
[the Sheriff has said he'll cut out Robin Hood's heart with a spoon]
Guy of Gisborne: Why a spoon, cousin? Why not an axe?
Sheriff of Nottingham: Because it's DULL, you twit. It'll hurt more." IMDB
 This line will forever remind us of the awesomeness of Mr. Rickman!

#2: Bottle Shock

Source: Imdb
 I love love love this movie. There's something amazing about a movie where the little guy comes ahead! Alan Rickman plays a wine connoisseur who discovers the vastness of Californian wines... and actually convinces them to compete in an international wine competition. (Not only that but Chris Pine is a Surfer in the flick). If you haven't watched it, because I know it's a little under radar, I totally recommend it!

#1: Blow Dry

Source: She Knows (Canada)
This is probably my FAVOURITE Alan Rickman movie (I watch is a few times every year... I think I could watch it every week and still love it)... he is amazing in this role. Not only does this film have an AMAZING cast which includes Rachel Griffiths, Josh Hartnett, and Bill Nighy, it's also fun, and the hair is awesome. This makes me want to be a hair model or a stylist (even though I'm not a hair dresser). The movie is sad and fun, and fittingly is about cancer (F u cancer)... seriously! It makes you laugh while you are crying. So I think it's totally suiting.

Now as usual I can't limit myself so I have 2 runner ups...

Dogma: Because seriously Alan Rickman as Metatron an Angel and Messenger of God is just awesome.

Die Hard: Because we all need a little Hans Gruber in our lives.

I would love to hear what's topping your list... and yes a Harry Potter Marathon is acceptable!

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment