Monday, August 24, 2015

Cosplay Prep: Creating Props

No, I'm not Cosplaying Minions but I am definitely in full costume creation mode being I only have 1.5 weeks to go until Fan Expo and I'm SO not ready. This is the cry of all cosplayers. We hope to have things done a week or two (or a month or two lol) early but we seldom manage it.

This week's final preparations are for the two costumes I have been working on so I thought I'd do a brief post about my progress.

The first costume is my Captain America Roller-Derby so I thought I'd share my helmet progress.
I've actually managed to wrap my helmet is fun blue material. All I need to add to it is a fun A on the front. I have received the fun new socks I've purchased off of Sock Dreams and got some blue shorts to go with it. Just the last touches on the shirt to do and I'm all done and ready for the con ... WEE!

On the Evil Snow White costume I have managed to get a few heads on Dwarves mostly done.
I'm still debating on putting ears on them and I will be drawing on some eyebrows before finishing. I have bought and cut out the rest of the costume and just need to sit down and sew it. (Cause we all know how easy that is with 2 little kids LOL). So here's hoping it all gets done. I do have backup plans for parts of the costume if I don't quite get it done. (which can happen).

Well, that's my progress so far. If you are wondering how I made the heads I used tutorials I found to make Waldorf dolls. (The X's for the eye have made my daughter think they are creapy).

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment