Tuesday, July 28, 2015

A Short Review of the Minion Movie

So I finally managed to get to the movies and no I haven't had a chance to see Ant Man. Instead I got to see the awesome Minion Movie.
If you haven't seen it yet I will say straight out... GO! You can be 4 or 40 you will still enjoy it.

For this movie I took my Mom and my daughter as a 3 generational Movie experience and it was a lot of fun. As happens with all movies when taking my Daughter (who is 4) she gets tired or bored at a part and asks to leave. This only happened twice, the rest of the film was a roaring success of laughter and awww's.

Her quote is "the rocket dress was cool!" and that "it was kinda scary but fun". Which it totally a thumbs up for a 4 year old.

My mother, who's age I won't post for fear of being killed in my sleep, really liked it too. She felt the minions were hilarious and lots of fun, but was concerned about the appropriateness of some of the bad guys for the littlest kids. In one scene our dashing hero's are chased by a series of pretty creepy bad guys (seriously clowns people) that my mom mother and I agreed was a little much for a little kid movie. Heck our average age in the audience was 6. 

For me (in my 30's). I thought it was hilarious. There were parts that I thought was a little much (how do you explain a torture chamber to a 4 year old?) but over all it was cute. The minions themselves were exactly what you were hoping for, bumbling, silly and fun. I kind of would like them to make a movie of just them and Gru growing up because the ending was one of the best parts of the whole movie.

In relation to Inside Out this was leaps and bounds more fun and much better for a wider audience (and less depressing).

So until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment