Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Jurassic Day-Park, Funko Exclusive and Spider Man News!


I apologize that I was away yesterday so missed a post. To make up for it I've found a collection of fun stuff that was either announced or happened this past weekend for your geeky pleasure.

Chris Pratt has been known as Star Lord and his most recent success is as a Raptor trainer in Jurassic World. Well he is not to be out done. This past weekend Mr. Pratt brought his dino-trainer skills to a Children's Hospital with great success.
source: The Mary Sue

As someone who has worked with children many times, this is a skill I really need to learn. Those beasts are vicious. If you want more trainers in action you should check out the collection of Zookeepers using Mr. Pratt's method to train their wards. Not only do they seem to be successful methods of training, it also makes for some great slide shows. You can find some of the zoo keeper antics at the Mary Sue.
source: Funko
So one of these years I will manage to attend San Diego Comic Con. If for nothing else, just for the fun and exciting exclusives that are available there. I love Once Upon a Time (even though I'm way far behind in the series). It's something that just draws me in and this Regina Pop figure hits all the top points for me. No only does she look like Regina, she is actually holding a little red apple in her hand as well. I will need to see if they ever make a Rumple because that would be awesome.

Source: Marvel

So some major news! Miles Morales has been officially pegged to be Spider Man in the new Marvel Universe and I say good on him. As a fan of a few versions of Peter Parker (some have been way to whiny for me... but I like the smart arse attitude of others) I am a little sad to see him go. I know Peter will be in the Cinematic Universe and there has been a lot of unnecessary (at least in my opinion) flak for this. I think that the Cinematic Universe needs Peter so that they can lead up to the breach in worlds and introduce Miles in time. I have heard the arguments either way and feel free to start a discussion in the comments, but I am happy that Peter is there. But in the new iteration of the Marvel Universe I think that Miles is a great fit. There are so many possibilities with a fresher character that isn't bogged down with so much cannon for new and exciting things.

Mind you I don't truly believe that Peter will be gone forever. As we have seen many times within Comic history, no one is every truly gone.

In an interview with Brian Michael Bendis on the Marvel Website he says this of Miles in the upcoming universe:

"that [Miles] would be an Avenger or that he would be set up in a way because of things going on in different books to be the more traditional Spider–Man character. And by that I mean that Miles will be the Spider-Man that is trying desperately to balance his life as a high school student and his super hero career. He will be the character that is wrestling with power and responsibility in a very raw way." Marvel
There are so many possibilities within Comic Universes. I am actually quite excited to see where the new Universe goes. I may actually have to start buying comics again. My pocket book will hate me forever.

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment