Friday, May 29, 2015

5 Fandom Friday: 5 Fictional Characters I relate too.


So I don't usually participate in link post groups but I thought I would give it a try this week. Mostly my reasoning was that I could actually think of a few characters that I identify with in some way or another. And what better excuse to talk about my Faves than this?? (image source here)

So why wait, lets get started:

#1) Anita Blake (pictured above)

I have been reading Laurell K Hamilton, particularly Anita Blake novels, since I was in grade 7. It's been 20+ years of fandom for me. She is a strong, determined, out spoken, take shit from no one, empowered Female! What more can you ask for. I have been known to say things out loud (as she does at times) and realize I forgot to keep it to my inside voice. I make random references too geeky things:
"Asher's fingers tightened minutely on my shoulders, and I felt him take a breath. I had a second to hope that he wasn't going to try an Obi-Wan on Lieutenant Nicols. You know, these are not the droids you're looking for" Cerulian Sins.  
 I love Anita in so many ways and would totally want to be just like her when I grow up if I could be an animator, a super natural being, with a license to kill. Also, the collection of gorgeous men and fun weaponary (and yes those are equally important) don't hurt either.

#2) Maka (Soul Eater)
Source: Wiki Soul Eater
Maka is slightly awquard, and often viewed as one of the boys. She's determined to prove herself and willing to do anything for her friends and to protect those she loves. I love the way she tries hard to figure out the social cues and punches the boys if they step out of line. Her work with Soul Eater just enhances the whole coolness factor. She's tough but goofy at the same time, which is a great quality to have.

#3) Kate Libby (Hackers)

Source: Jarvis City
When I was in highschool I wanted to be Kate Libby! I did the hair and everything (and still do various versions of her hair at times). Actually screw highschool, I still want to be Kate Libby. I was the girl that hung out with the boys. The girl that could still be a girl but can compete alongside the boys. That can argue comic books and wrestling while fixing my hair.

#4) Rogue (from X-Men)
Source: Marvel Heroes
Rogue from the comics (not the crappy version in the movies). I have always been a huge X-Men fan. I loved the comics and the 90's cartoon. My favourite characters were Rogue and Gambit. There's nothing like a relationship that you stick together with even though it could kill you (litterally). She is stronger than most men and sassy to boot. There's something rather amazing about this Sassy southern belle.

#5) Snow White

Source: Disney Princess
Snow White is probably the oddest in the collection of the female characters I relate to. I think it's the vulnerability that she embodies that I find refreshing. Even the most determined, strong willed, self sufficient women will have those moments where you bite the apple. I have always been the girl with the boys, from highschool friends to room mates in university. I have have always been the single girl within a larger group of boys but I like it that way. I like having my close female friends but I like being around the boys. Snow White is a softer side. My girlier side I guess.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my first Fandom Friday.

I would love to hear about the 5 characters you relate most too. Feel free to leave them in the comments or share your post.

Until next time.
Keep on, Geekin' on.
Angie

1 comment: